Let me break my silence with giving you breaking news.... I have experienced my first celebrity sighting! Yes, I know you all may be jealous, especially Tiffany's boyfriend Nick, when you hear my story of an ordinary girl crossing paths with none other than Troy Aikman.
Let me first give you the details leading up to the big event. Chris and I were enjoying a rainy afternoon sitting among the pleasurable aroma of coffee in the local Highland Park Village Starbucks. In the drizzly afternoon air, Chris suggested we take a stroll around the square, to which I complained a little but ultimately gave in because that's what happily married couples do sometimes (rolling eyes). Anyways, as we just begin our jaunt, my eyes behold a sight unlike any other...Troy Aikman, in person and looking quite normal in his green fleece and faded jeans. Of course, given his proximity to us I couldn't exclaim "Oh my God! That's Troy Aikman!" So I did the next best thing I could do which was squeeze and scratch the hell out of Chris' hand as we walked towards him. Now, I don't know how, but it took Chris a good 15 seconds to register what I was seeing. In fact, he looked at me like, "What are you doing to my hand?" But, alas within the last 5 feet Chris set eyes on him too, right before he entered a store. Finally I could let my excitement out since I didn't want to make an ass out of myself in front of the famous man. And of course, I had to brag that he actually made eye contact with me. (That's how I recognized him in the first place.)
So, we nonchalantly continue our way around the square to Tom Thumb, a grocery store way too overpriced, but one in which sells my favorite frozen veggie combo of green beans, edamame and mushrooms. Anyways, back to my story...
Amidst the veggies, Chris realizes we forgot our recycled, reusable shopping bag in the car and heads back outside. I continue perusing the aisles. I then go in pursuit of Chris since he's likely returned and instead of coming to find me went to the wine section (sad, but true.) As I walk along looking down the aisles, BAM! who do I nearly collide with?....Troy Aikman! To which he said to me "excuse me." In my blubbering stupidness I could only reply with a nod of my head as if I was royalty and he should be excused for running into ME! When in fact I just didn't want to act like an idiot who had never seen a former famous person shopping in a grocery store. I mean, what would you do?
I scuttled off and found Chris (in the wine section) and we headed off while I told him of my encounter. Now, hear I am with new found excitement to share myself with all of you and to end my apathy of the blog.
Song of the Day...appropriately titled:
3 comments:
This story could be made more interesting. If instead of saying you almost ran into him, you said that you ran into him and knocked him over, flexed your muscles body builder style while yelling "How do you like me now, beyotch!" then I'd find it slightly better. Maybe that's just me.
I swear Bruce must write for Conan, sounds just like something he would have said! Shades of a skit Conan did. I don't recall the exact story but he was drawn with very large muscles, (his illustrated story version)waiting in line somewhere. Oh yeah, he delivered a baby in the story too. (Hey, spot on Bruce!) Okay, enough ramblings of a crazy woman who is overtired!
I must note that nick is extremely jealous. He said if it was him that ran into troy, he would have made him give an autograph.
Post a Comment