After a weekend filled mostly with working and catching up on errands, given that Emily was also working, I managed to find a brief (and let me stress brief) window of time in which to get out of the indoors and smell some fresh (sniff, sniff, is that cow shit I smell?) air.
This last weekend was mostly pretty overcast, but if 28 years of living in the midwest has taught me anything, its that even on the cloudies of winter days, there can often still be snippets of interesting sunsets, if just for a few minutes. This was the case yesterday, as leaving work (on a sunday!) at about 3:30, I had about an hour of sunlight (mostly obscured by the clouds) left. So I grabbed a sandwhich, and with only my dental macro/telephoto lens in hand from work, headed out to Lake McBride for whatever potential photo fodder might be in store.
And the photography gods humored me, as a decent sunset was had, I was just wishing that I had my landscape lens available, as the colors were even better than what I could capture at 105mm.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Winter Sunset
Posted by
Chris and Emily
at
4:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice shot, Chris!
Post a Comment