It's been awhile, a long while since you've heard from us. I'm sure at this point we probably have no one even checking this site. We don't blame you. Frankly we've had little time to think of it ourselves. And although I could use this forum to vent to everyone about how stressful our life has been lately, I'll spare you.
My post today is simply a random thought unrelated to the chaos that has recently controlled our lives. Today, I sat down at the computer to clean out my email and came across a large array of Facebook emails needing to be deleted. Facebook? Yes, facebook...the annoyingly impossible world of tracking where your friends and family are and what they could be doing at any given moment. And for some reason Facebook feels I need to be notified of all of this. Luckily I figured out long ago how to not get these "updates" sent to me. What do I care about what, where, how other people are living their lives and why do I need to be updated with this information as soon as it's posted?
So, this cleaning my email reminded me of another incredibly annoying feature that Facebook offers. Requests. Daily I am assaulted with requests for (and not limited to) chocolate, easter eggs, lucky clovers, smiles, love cocktails (whatever that is), maxine moments, lil green patch, prayer...and that is only the requests I received TODAY! Geez, who has the time for this shit? No offense "friends" but seriously! I can't keep up! Nor do I want to, it's too much of a headache and I'm too new to facebook to know what the hell it all means anyways.
I joined Facebook to chat with friends I don't see that often. I can look at pics and see what they're up to. I don't care how many invitations I get, how many friends I have or what people are requesting from me.
So, I'm hoping soon I'll find a way to delete the option to receive requests....any help out there?
Monday, April 13, 2009
Facecrook-robber of my time
Posted by
Chris and Emily
at
3:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment