Monday, August 10, 2009

So maybe it's not the worst thing to happen to womenkind...

Finally! The good times are here again! By that I mean, no weird pregnancy symptoms, no pains, no horrible mood swings, no food adversions, and best yet, no more pregnancy induced migraines! (Unless you count the high altitude headaches I had on vacation, but that's another blog post.) So, here I am coming up on 20 weeks and the good feelings just keep coming. By that I mean I can fully feel the baby kick, turn circles and whatever else it feels like doing in there. I've actually been feeling "something weird" since around week 16. Just this flutter sensation in the center of my lower abdomen. I mentioned it to the OB at my last visit (by the way, she wasn't my usual doctor) and she looked at me like I was crazy and said "some women may feel it this early but I doubt you are." Biiiitch Pleeeze! You can't tell me what I feel or don't feel! Now that it's a whole lot stronger I know for a fact that was what I was feeling. So, it's exciting and a little weird at the same time. Especially when it's dancing on your cervix...talk about a creepy feeling! Almost like nails on a chalk board, or a knife scraping a plate, only it's coming from inside of you. Ehhgghhboiuoibo!

As for the baby bump, it looks and feels like a baby mass. Unfortunately I'm not one of the cute pregnant women that you see with just this tight little mound. No, mine seems to be spreading all the way around my back as well as in my stomach. I look and feel like I'm wearing one of those fake pregnancy bellies as opposed to actually being pregnant. Add to that the general swelling that is taking over my entire body. Thank God for exercise! So, my friends who haven't seem me ask if I have a bump yet, and although it's present, most people would probably just think I was a fat waddler if they saw me on the street. Hence, the lack of pics on our blog. It doesn't help that maternity clothes add 10 lbs to the pic. So, you'll see a few pics of me on vacation and see the mass that's forming.

The other exciting thing is that I no longer get up 6 times a night to go to the bathroom. AND, I'm actually sleeping! This is the true reason I feel I no longer have the headaches, moodiness and general malaise. Yes, better days have come! And to top it off, in 2 days we'll have the official ultrasound pics to post of little Flip, or Flippa as I sometimes refer to it since Flip sounds masculine I need to account for both possibilities (and in fact, the likelihood of a girl.) Hmm...maybe that'll lead to a future poll...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you guys that the baby is kicking and you're feeling better. You better check during your ultrasound to see if Flip is writing on the walls! :o)
Love,
L & R

Bruce & Tina said...

Yea, it only gets better...(muffled laughter crescendoing into full on maniacal laugh).