Monday, March 1, 2010

2 Months Old and in love with Mr. Monkey

Given my previous post regarding troubles in babyland, I thought I should post some of my favorite things about Ava...
1. Her rooster hairdo (currently trying to decide if it wants to turn red or not).
2. The hair on her shoulders.
3. How she smiles and coos at me when she's eating.
4. The way she sucks on her fists with her "kitty licks."
5. Her half smile (just like Dad's).
6. The sounds she makes when she's pooping. (grunting followed by UGH)
7. How she crosses her hands on her chest when eating.
8. The way she snuggles into my shoulder.
9. At night when she's supposed to be falling asleep on my chest, she'll look up at me and pucker her lips and stare.
10. The way she adoring looks at Mr. Monkey while playing.  
11. Her smiles and cooing 
12. Bath time shivers
13. The roll of her eyes as soon as she starts eating and/or is given the Binky
14. When she whimpers in her sleep (Chris thinks she's having nightmares about being smothered by a boob).
15. The open mouthed head thrusting she does as soon as I lift my shirt. Hilarious!
16. Marching man arms when she's angry.
17. How she startles herself when she burps, almost like "where in the hell did that come from?"
18. Her furrowed eyebrows that seem to always be present.
19. How furious she gets with tummy time
20. The way she plays in her bassinet and talks to herself until I come into her line of vision and say 
"good morning."  The look she gets is a cross between excitement and "oh there you are" puzzlement.


The (in)famous Mr. Monkey

Life is good

The furrowed brow...

Giving love to Mr. Monkey

Half smile 

4 comments:

Bev said...

OMG she changes everytime I see a new picture! I can see why she loves the monkey, he's so bright. and yes there are many more things to love about AVA (so many I can't name them here!)
gramma bev

Louise said...

Keep the photos coming, she is changing so quickly and miss her so much! Awww, lucky Mr. Monkey :o)
Love,
Grandma L

Tina said...

Nile used to pant excitedly when I lifted my shirt -- I can still remember it perfectly.

Louise said...

The more I look at Mr. Monkey the more I think I need one for myself! Nice catch Ava.