This past sunday and monday I found myself in Louisville, KY at an interview for a position in their graduate Endodontic residency program (no yeh or neh as of current). I decided that the evening before I'd head downtown to the health-sciences campus and just take a walk around, and get a feel for the campus. After walking around for a while, and not really seeing anything of interest, I decided to sit down, relax a bit, and then give Emily a call and check-in, when something from out of the corner of my eye caught my attention.
This something happened to be a modest fall-colored leaf, a leaf that most of us would probably step on or walk right by ordinarily, especially those of you still in the Midwest, as it is a more than common occurrence this time of year. However, since moving down here to Dallas, I've come to realize that this will probably be my first fall without the customary fall colors...according to one of my fellow residents, basically the leaves down here just turn brown, dry up, and fall off...kind of depressing if you ask me.
So it was at this point that I realized that this one solitary leaf was most likely going to be my only exposure, my only connection to the fact that elsewhere in the country, fall was beginning...and so I sat for about 20 minutes, without anyone complaining about how many photos I was taking of the same subject, and studied the leaf, and it was great. I know, small pleasures, but what can I say...it was just great to see a fall leaf.

No comments:
Post a Comment