Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry X-mas Cactus

I woke up early this morning and took Emily to work, feeling finally like it might possibly be coming up on Christmas, as it was 28 degrees out with a wind-chill in the teens. Its been hard to get in the holiday spirit with daytime highs in the low 70's and upper 60's (not that we're complaining or anything). When I got home I entertained the idea of slumbering back to bed (a very attractive option at 6:30 AM), but somehow found divine inspiration see what kind of images I could get with my macro lens (I use this lens mostly for dental photography)...and I thought what better subject matter to shoot for x-mas other than our fledgling x-mas cactus plant. I say fledging because not to long after moving down to Dallas I quickly realized that x-mas cacti don't fair to well in direct 100+ degree sunlight (you can guess what it looked like after a few days of that). So since then we've been trying to nurse it back to health, and alas, this x-mas it put out some great blossoms (see below), go figure.

So if you happen to be reading this before or on X-mas, we wish you all a great X-mas, wherever that may find you.

Chris & Emily

No comments: