Sunday, June 1, 2008

Brian Visits

With three weeks left to go in Dallas, this past weekend I had the pleasure of having my friend Brian Seay come to visit for a few days in Dallas. I met Brian back in our freshman year at Iowa in the dorms, and for the past two years Brian has been living in Clarksdale, MS. where he is a teacher in Teach for America.

Friday night we went to the Ranger's game, care-of Brian's girlfriend Natalie, a Dallas-native, who is also teaching with Teach for America. We sat on the first baseline, 24th row, with a much better view than the last game I attended with Vamsi in the nosebleeds. And to top it all off, Brian caught a foul ball, only to hand it over just as quickly to a fan peddling his young son. It's amazing what a guy will do to impress his girlfriend...





Upon returning, Brian and I ventured...well, just walked around the block, to a bar called The Grapevine. Emily and I always had the intention of checking out this place, since it is literally around the block from us, but for whatever reason, just never got around to it. So Brian and I decided to check it out...lets just say, it wasn't exactly our type of place...Chris was told he was 'kissable' (by a guy), and after proclaiming his love for his wife, was asked if he was just curious. I think the fact that Brian and I were standing together at a table chatting over our drinks didn't seem to help the appearance of the situation.

Saturday was spent relaxing/sweating by the pool relaxing in the 95+ heat, and the evening was capped with a great party at Natalie's parent's place.

Only two more weekends to go, and then I'll be saying goodbye to Dallas...sniff sniff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take a moment tovote your conscious on whether or not we should continue the blog after leaving Dallas on the upper left of the screen...believe it or not, we'll actually take your votes seriously!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics of Brian and his girlfriend. Natalie is a cutie and they make a nice couple! Not surprised Brian gave the ball away, he's that kind of guy but I'm surprised he didn't give you away in the bar! You're two "wild and crazy guys" (SNL's Dan Aykroyd and Steve Martin in those plaid pants). Glad you had some time with your friend. lb

Anonymous said...

tried to vote (yes, by the way) but it messaged me "cannot process request" probably because I'm not a google person. but my vote is yes to keep up the blog. mom bev

Anonymous said...

Of course Chris is kissable. Was that even up for debate. I struggle to concentrate at work just thinking about it...