Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Finally...

Today I find myself with a little time on my hands so I thought I'd finally give a shout out from the big IC. I've officially been back since May 11. For those of you who don't know, I am living with Norm, a coworker of mine at the U. Oh, and, then there is Olivia, her cat.

Norm and some goofy chick

A very pissed Olivia following a recent bath

So, I guess you can say I'm not as ronery as Chris. However, I am a little bored without a buddy to trek around with. I basically am just working, and working and working. Somewhere around40-60 hours per week.

I did have some free time over Memorial weekend and went to Chicago to see Rick and Louise since I hadn't seen them since September of last year. We had a great time eating Chicago pizza (my first great pizza experience in over a year), as well as going on a 20 mile bike ride with Rick. I had a great time seeing them and the 'burbs again.

An oldie but a goodie

What else have I been up to....hmm... Well, I've luckily seen my good friend Jess and her family before she gives birth any day now. And I've also seen my friend Kallie and partook of some great Cancun Mexican food. Oh, and I was able to order a Sam's calzone takeout. I can't even begin to describe how great that was. Salty goodness. I'm saving Micky's for when Chris is back. I figure we'd visit it together since it was the place of our first date and has sentimental ties.

That about summarizes the last few weeks in Iowa City. I'll try an post again a little later with a little more of a more personal report (meaning, a little more entertaining and fun).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the cat pic. hilarious. em, you're such a goofball, what a picture of you and the roomie! mom b

Anonymous said...

Norm is so cute and you're nuts, but that's why we love you! How's this for irony or timing, last night I went through my cell phone nbrs and told Rick I still had the nbr for Cancun in there. Can't wait to go back. I'll laugh if the waitress remembers me again after all this time! She must have been work'in the table that night or could tell I was happy from the margaritas!

Poor Olivia, I get the idea that the bath wasn't her idea, do ya think? lb