As usual, my perpetual state of procrastination overwhelms me and I often never get around to writing a post. So, I thought I'd surprise even myself and write about the happenings of early November. Ok, so nearly a month late, but here I type...
My best gal-pal Johnette and her husband Brooks traveled from North Carolina to suffer through one of the coldest, nail-biting games of Iowa vs Penn State football. I shouldn't need to mention that Iowa kicked some butt (finally) and pulled a much needed win out of their lazy asses. But, that is beside the point. The point being that I had my BFF with me for 2 days.
Friday we thought we'd relive our old college days FACing. This generally involves drink specials at local bars designed for college students to consume large amounts of alcohol Friday After Class. So, we thought, why not, you're only young once. (or twice, err....how old are we?) Well, we feel young damn it! Anyways...
Who would have known that Iowa City doesn't allow drink specials aimed at college students anymore? I mean, isn't that a staple of college life? $1 cups at the Q-Bar (which changed names) or $3 long islands at Brothers were our reward for a week well done. Come on! So, instead we settled at Atlas for a mohito and margarita as well as some great food. We decided to walk around and see what "deals" we could find and came across 808. Did anyone know that it's supposed to be a Hawaiian themed restaurant? (what?) As much as the atmosphere sucked (nearly as much as the burger baskets) they had $4 martinis. Who can pass up a martini called Slippery When Wet?
Maybe on second thought, I am too old to party. After all I think I proved that to myself a few months back...
1 comment:
I surprised myself on Saturday morning. I wasn't for sure if I could bounce back from a night of partying but some how I managed. I had so much fun re-living our college days. Thanks for traveling down memory lane with me.
- Johnette
Post a Comment