Saturday, December 8, 2007

What is it with Portland?

As the weeks have gone by, I've found myself rather perplexed with the results from our "where should we live poll." What is it with Portland? Don't get me wrong. We like Portland and wouldn't have put it on our list if it wasn't a serious contender, but I'm curious why you all like it. One voice in my head (and there are many) tells me it's just Bruce skewing the results by voting numerous times for Portland. Another tells me some of you want us as far away as possible. Another says maybe you want a cool place to come visit us since our current locale sucks. So, why Portland? I'm particularly curious because, personally, it's not MY first choice. Maybe you all know something I don't. And, in case you all are wondering, my choice is Virginia. Here are some reasons why:
1. It's beautiful, serene country
2. The Appalachian Trail would be in our backyard...lots of hiking
3. Close to all the history that only the east coast has
4. They have all 4 seasons but the winter and the summer are more moderate than the midwest.
5. Big cities nearby = culture, nightlife, great restaurants etc.

So, now I'm curious about your reasons for why you want us to live in your chosen city on the poll. Please respond at the bottom of the post by clicking on comments and letting me (Emily) know what you think. After all, we need all the help we can get!


Song of the Day: "The Underdog" by Spoon


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, we're flattered you think it's all us. But, Bruce (& Tina) only account for 4 of the 7 -- which means there's a legitimate 4 votes there. Hell, even we're stumped by this.

But, we're not sure why you even want to leave Dallas. After all, we've just now figured out why we can't get ahold of you on Fridays and Saturdays.

Is the reason you're leaving due to the pending legislation and a feeling you're helpless to stop it?

I mean, we do see a lot of "Keep Portland Weird" bumper stickers out here, but...well, maybe not THAT weird.

And seriously -- you couldn't come up with a better name than "Naked Twister?"

Anonymous said...

Bruce,
You know you asked me for that link last week. Now you're trying to act as if you're not interested in Naked Twister. Come on...you know that's why you want us to move to Portland and hence voted 4 TIMES!

Anonymous said...

Well, I didnt vote for Portland because I want you two as close as possible. So I say Illinois or Wisconsin.

Anonymous said...

i voted wisconsin because it's drivable from here. i presume there are grandkids in the future and want to be close to see them often!!! (silly offspring, thinking grandmas WOULDN'T want to be close!!!)
mom b

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I haven't commented on this already.

"The Underdog" by Spoon?

I wonder if this is how the studio session went for that one.

"Hey guys, we like Billy Joel, right."
-- "Yea, so?"
"Well, let's just rip off the styles of several of his songs and throw into one song and make lots of money."
-- "Awesome."

Anonymous said...

I think you should stick with your first choice Emily. I'm being selfish, but I would love to have you guys in driving distance from me.